Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Supplies: Sandpaper, painters tape, metal primer, paint brushes, rollers and trays. I purchased indu


Creativity is my love, interior design is my focus. Whether it be full service interior design, re-decoration or even online design through Design in a Box, I am passionate about all things creative. Here, I will share insights induction into projects, inspirations and what's going on in the world of design from Calgary and beyond. Would love to have you follow along. induction
Recent Posts wallpaper: martyn induction lawrence bullard for schumacher design in a box: family friendly, induction comfortably stylish, living space and eating nook before and after: modern living induction room friday induction link love: making induction lists diy: chalkboard mini fridge
Categories A Day in the Life Artists Before & After Behind the Scenes Colour Inspirations Colour trends Cool Finds Dabble Decor Mentor Design Design In a Box Design Notes Design Tips DIY Dwell on Design Events Experience Fabulous Finds Fashion Files Free Design Notes Friday Finds furniture Future induction Classics General Get to Know Guest Posts How To Inspirations Kids Let's Learn Mini Trends New & Notable News Nyla Free Designs Projects Promotions Publications Restaurants Stores induction Thoughts and ponderings Trade Shows Uncategorized Video
Recent Comments Thanksgiving Table Settings: 10 Awesome Thanksgiving Table Settings « Creative Life Antics on design: thanksgiving table setting A Place at the Table | Courcy Inspired Design on design: thanksgiving table setting Holiday Table Scapes | Designs By Katy on design: thanksgiving table setting 12 Beautiful Thanksgiving Tables - Up to Date Interiors on design: thanksgiving table setting A Thanksgiving Table on design: thanksgiving table setting
I used to be far more into DIY’s (insert induction *before kids* here), and now it is far more limited as the perceived time and energy crushes my motivation. While the thought of it is great and always inspiring, the getting it done part is where I struggle for success. I do love making things and the feeling of accomplishment is truly so great.
When I moved into my new office space I quickly realized I would need a little fridge. I had left a space open for such a purchase however I was not keen on having a typical stainless front appliance in my school house style office.
I decided to take on the DIY of painting the front of it with chalkboard paint. After procrastinating for weeks, I received a call about photographing my office which of course lit a fire under my butt to get it done.
Supplies: Sandpaper, painters tape, metal primer, paint brushes, rollers and trays. I purchased induction all of mine at Canadian Tire . Step 1: Ensure the surface is clean Step 2: Prepare the surface for the primer by sanding induction all areas with a medium grit sandpaper. Step 3: Mask off any areas you do not wish to cover with chalkboard paint. Step 4: Apply 2 coats of primer with a brush, allowing to dry for approximately 12 hours between each coat. Apply as even as possible and ensure all areas have been covered. Note: the primer is much runnier than expected and goes on quite thin. Step 5: Apply chalkboard paint with a small roller induction brush for even application. After the first coat it may look messy and uneven. Not to worry, each coat you apply will offer more coverage and eventually be a solid chalkboard surface. induction Step 6: Allow 24hrs between coats. induction Apply as many coats as necessary to achieve a smooth finish. Step 7: Once completely dry, prime the surface with a thin layer of chalk by rubbing a lightly chalk dusted brush all over the surface. This will make erasing and re-creating on your board easier. Step 8: Let your creative juices flow with drawings, text or both! Ta-da! It turned out great. So pleased with the results.
Nyla Free Designs induction Inc. is a full service Calgary Interior Design studio. induction Our goal is to bring your home to life by revealing your style and infusing unexpected elements of design induction and detail. If we can help with your project please let us know! See the contact page to get in touch.
I would have NEVER thought to paint stainless with chalkboard paint – great idea and great result! I have seen some photos of your office space and it looks great.


No comments:

Post a Comment